Please check the application notes and references to samples of work (what to send) below.
Don’t want to apply online? You can download and print an application form.
Download PDF Application Form
We invite applications from a both professional and aspiring cartoonists, and anyone involved with the business of cartooning, as follows:
FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
- Anyone who is selling their work, full-time or part-time, for commercial publication, print and/or digital.
- Anyone working in the field of live caricature.
- Anyone using cartoons in live visualisation scenarios (presentations, conferences, etc.)
- Anyone selling their work on a regular basis for private commission. This would be particularly appropriate for caricaturists with a a record of sales to the private and business sector.
- Our criteria for full professional membership are that the work should display any or all of the following:
- Experience in using the cartoon/comic art form for social and/or political comment
- Experience in using the cartoon/comic art form to illustrate text (fact or fiction)
- The necessary skills required for any of the various forms of live cartooning and caricature
- Aspiring cartoonists who have yet to sell their work but who, in the opinion of the committee, show a potential for doing so.
- Anyone involved with the peripherals of the business: editors, agents, gallery owners, etc.
- Anyone supporting cartoonists and/or the business of cartooning through active patronage.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
Any or all of the following:
- Examples of commissioned, published or printed works.
- Screen shots of media animations etc.
- Addresses of any websites where your work may be seen.
- If your specialisation is live cartooning and/or or caricature:
- Photos of yourself at work.
- Example of bookings over the previous two years.
- (Live and commission caricaturists) Photos of clients and your caricature of them
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO JOIN?
As of May 1st 2011 membership is £44 per year (payable at £11 per quarter by standing order)
We also offer a five year membership for a one-off payment of £175